T00: Intro week (EN)2018/2019
- Content and learning outcomes
In this theme you will be introduced to the KEA organisation such as: IT service desk, StudyKnowledge
guidance, KEA library and KEA global. You will also be introduced to the multimedia designer
course (goals, the 5 subject areas, overview of the 1st semester, the facilities). You will also
meet some 2nd semester students that will tell about, how they experienced 1st semester.
Some external professionals will have short talks about the nature of the industry and job
functions you can expect as multimedia designer.
You will be organised in groups and you are going to work on several small assignments:
● Sub assignment: Visualization of your personal passion in a moodboard.
● Fronter Quiz (Fronter is our Learning Management System, LMS)
● Buying of a web hosting and domain name
● Upload of a profile image to your web hosting and hand-in the link to it in Fronter.
● Creation of your profile in Photoshop (based on a template)
● Creation of a Linked-in profile and hand-in the link to it in Fronter.
● The group’s common passion and present it in a creative way.
There will also be some exercises like:
● ”Choose a card”
● ”Sociometric exercises”
You will be introduced to:
● Editing of image in Photoshop
● Buying of domain name and web hosting
● Upload of files to you web host
You will also:
● Sign up to Lynda.com (free access through KEA). Go through a photoshop tutorial
● Introduction to Fronter (the LMS at KEA).
● Registration for the study card.
The purpose of the Intro Week is to introduce to the multimedia design course and: Common
misunderstandings of what multimedia design is.The 5 subject areas of the multimedia design
course. What kind of jobs the education aims at. What type of companies a multimedia designer
would work in. The purpose is also to let you try to produce some content and to work with
some of the workflows of multimedia design development.
Knowledge of the multimedie designer’s role in the value chain in digital productions.
- Type of instruction
Work process and teaching methods for the theme
The intro week is characterised by many input by various presenters from their respective
departments and organisations, representants from the multimedia field and former 1st
semester students. Beside passive listening there are some practical exercises and
assignments. You will work individually and also in teams to experience the typical working
method at the multimedia course.
- Subject/module requirement for
Equipment needed to participate
The student has to have:
● Computer with the Adobe CC installed
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneThere will be several small assignments to hand-in in Fronter. The small hand-ins will be
assessed with Approved/Not Approved (A/NA) in Fronter. There will also be an assignment to
work during the whole week and be presented in a creative format. The feedback will be given
orally in class.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationThe theme will be evaluated through an online questionnaire the last day.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishType of evaluationpassed/not passedExaminersInternal censure
In the subject T00: Intro week (EN) you will receive 19 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 25 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 46% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: reading your own notes, reading the curriculum, group work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances