In this theme you will be introduced to the KEA organisation
such as: IT service desk, Study
guidance, KEA library and KEA global. You will also be introduced to the multimedia designer
course (goals, the 5 subject areas, overview of the 1st semester, the facilities). You will also
meet some 2nd semester students that will tell about, how they experienced 1st semester.
Some external professionals will have short talks about the nature of the industry and job
functions you can expect as multimedia designer.
You will be organised in groups and you are going to work on several small assignments:
● Sub assignment: Visualization of your personal passion in a moodboard.
● Fronter Quiz (Fronter is our Learning Management System, LMS)
● Buying of a web hosting and domain name
● Upload of a profile image to your web hosting and hand-in the link to it in Fronter.
● Creation of your profile in Photoshop (based on a template)
● Creation of a Linked-in profile and hand-in the link to it in Fronter.
● The group’s common passion and present it in a creative way.
There will also be some exercises like:
● ”Choose a card”
● ”Sociometric exercises”
You will be introduced to:
● Editing of image in Photoshop
● Buying of domain name and web hosting
● Upload of files to you web host
You will also:
● Sign up to Lynda.com (free access through KEA). Go through a photoshop tutorial
● Introduction to Fronter (the LMS at KEA).
● Registration for the study card.
The purpose of the Intro Week is to introduce to the multimedia design course and: Common
misunderstandings of what multimedia design is.The 5 subject areas of the multimedia design
course. What kind of jobs the education aims at. What type of companies a multimedia designer
would work in. The purpose is also to let you try to produce some content and to work with
some of the workflows of multimedia design development.
Knowledge of the multimedie designer’s role in the value chain in digital productions.
Læringsmålene for prøven er identiske med fagets/fagenes læringsmål