Elective: Digital Business Content and Marketing (EN)2022/2023
- Purpose and learning objectives
The purpose of this elective is to qualify the student to design and programme user interfaces with a focus on digital business, content and marketing.Knowledge
Central elements in the elective include the creation of video marketing content, permission marketing/e-mail marketing, animation/explainers, SoMe marketing, data analysis, infographics, methods for designing engaging user experiences across media platforms (in CMS-based web solutions and on SoMe platforms), E-commerce and exploring digital media trends with the purpose of creating targeted digital content, SEM, SEO and VSEO.
It is an important element of this elective to collaborate closely with various lines of business. Students will be working on cases from different companies and industries. The purpose of this is to train central methods and practises of the profession.
methods and techniques for planning, organising, designing and programming user interfaces with a focus on marketing and complex digital contentSkills
● theory and terminology of design and storytelling in relation to user interface
● trends in digital design and different tools and techniques for developing user interfaces
● tools and methods for data-driven design processes
● applied methods and theory for gaining user insight in the process of designing and
programming digital content
● tools, theories and methods for organising information (information architecture) in
complex communication solutions
● aesthetic means, storytelling methods and dramatic structuring of narratives for
disseminating complex digital content with specific intentions across platforms.
● ideation and development of formats for digital content across different platforms
● legal and ethical guidelines in relation to digital marketing and e-commerce
● relevant tools for visualisation of data in order to interpret and measure digital marketing
● theories and methods for planning and implementing digital projects
● technologies and techniques for designing and programing digital content
● international trends and technologies in business practices of digital marketing and digital
● apply methods and techniques for creating and implementing digital content acrossCompetences
different platforms with the purpose of optimising user interfaces
● design and develop CMS-based web solutions according to best practices
● assess, select, optimise and configure plugins, themes, libraries, frameworks and tools for
the design and development of complex user interfaces
● design, optimise and manage third party user interfaces
● plan and complete tests for user interfaces and digital content
● design engaging user experiences across media platforms (in CMS-based web solutions and
on SoMe platforms)
● manage digital workflow and tools for planning, designing and producing complex digital
● use methods, tools and techniques for the production, post-production and publishing of
various types of digital content
● plan and execute digital marketing campaigns using relevant methods, tools and
● develop digital business and e-commerce solutions with a focus on marketing
● assess the influence of different techniques and technologies and select relevant
techniques and technologies for multimedia production
● experiment with new features and tools in different parts of the production phase for
different media platforms.
• in teams, or individually, plan and develop complex user interfaces related to user
experience, content, business and technology
• identify, acquire and develop their own skills and knowledge in relation to a specified
subject area and communicate these to external stakeholders
• enter into development-oriented and/or interdisciplinary work processes
• identify and apply relevant theories, methods, terminology and tools for implementing
complex digital media productions
- Type of instruction
The teaching is a combination of classroom instruction, lectures, workshops, study groups, exercises, major project work and not least guidance. The organisation of the teaching is based on relevant professional practice and applied theory.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationAt KEA, several of the hand-ins during third semesters are mandatory and must be handed in before the student can sit the corresponding exams. The detailed requirements for hand-ins and a description of which assignments are mandatory can be found on the learning platform for Multimedia Design at the beginning of the semester.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneThe purpose of the exam is to test students’ understanding of theory, methods and tools relevant to the elective subject. The exam project is to be prepared in groups of 2 to 4 students.
The project work must be interdisciplinary and problem-oriented. The project must result in a functional digital prototype and a report documenting the development process and the product.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationAn oral individual exam based on a joint presentation or a group exam based on an exam project.
The exam is held at the end of the third semester.
The exam consists of
• GradingIndividual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censureExam criteriaThe exam will be assessed by one or more examiners according to the 7-point grading scale. Students receive one grade based on an overall assessment of the product, documentation report, presentation and examination. The assessment of the performance is a reflection of students’ understanding and presentation of the learning objectives for the third semester, as described in the curriculum.
In the subject Elective: Digital Business Content and Marketing (EN) you will receive 342 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 455 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 42% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: classroom teaching.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: project work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances