- Content and learning outcomes
The objective of this course is to provide students with fundamental knowledge about
pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC and electricity, as well as cooperative robots. The course is intended as a basic understanding to be used in both product development and
automation in production (optimization).
The student should after the course be able to display skills in:
• Calculate simple electrical circuits with Ohms and Watts law
• Basic understanding of relevant analogue electronic components and technologies
• Basic understanding of relevant digital electronic components, technologies, and Binary
and HEX digital numbers systems
• Basic understanding of ESD
• Basic understanding of EMC
• Basic understanding of PLC and ladder programming.
• Basic understanding and economy calculations for decision on the use of corporate robots in a Danish production company
• Understanding and dimensioning of basic components in relevant relays.
• Understanding and dimensioning of basic components in relevant hydraulics.
• Understanding and dimensioning of basic components in relevant pneumatics.
- Type of instruction
Teaching methods will bee cases and lectures
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationYou have passed the 1st year examExam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneType of examWritten examinationMutiple choiceIndividual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Automation (EN) you will receive 36 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 48 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 26% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: classroom teaching, exercises.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: reading your own notes, reading the curriculum.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances