Final project (EN)2023/2024
- Purpose and learning objectives
The completed exam project must document that the student can in a qualified mannerKnowledge
combine theoretical, methodological and practical elements and can communicate these.
* knowledge of professional practices within the field as well as key applied theories andSkills
methods of relevance to the analysis, ideation, design, planning, realisation and
management of digital media tasks as well as the implementation, administration and
maintenance of digital media productions
* an understanding of practices and key theories and methods as well as an understanding of the use of theories and methods in the digital media profession.
* apply key methods and tools relevant to the analysis, ideation, design, planning, realisationCompetences
and management of digital media tasks, and apply skills of relevance to employment within
* assess practice-oriented issues within digital media and propose and select possible
* communicate practice-oriented issues and possible solutions within digital media to
partners and users.
* engage in development-oriented activities, including undertaking the analysis, ideation,
design and planning as well as realisation and management of digital media tasks, and be
innovative in tailoring digital media solutions to commercial conditions
* in a structured context acquire new knowledge, skills and competencies within digital
* participate in disciplinary and interdisciplinary cooperation within digital media in
connection with implementation, administration and maintenance, taking a professional
- Type of instruction
Coaching either in physical form or via Teams or in written form via email.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationThe test can only take place after the internship exam and after all other exams of the education have been passed.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneThe final exam project documents, together with the other tests of the program and the internship exam, that the program's goals for learning objectives have been achieved.
The final exam project must also document the student's understanding of practice and central applied theory and method in relation to a realistic case.
The problem must be based on a concrete task within the field of the education.
The problem, which must be central to the education and the profession, is formulated by the student in collaboration with a private or public company.
The institution must approve the issue.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationOral individual exam based on a case based project prepared individually or in a group of 2-3 people. The test is held after the 4th semester and is subject to external censorship.
The starting point is the digital product and documentation report.Type of assignmentDigital product and documentation report.Formal requirementsA working digital prototype and a documentation report. The report must have a maximum of 20 normal pages for 1 student + 10 normal pages for each group member. Front page, table of contents, bibliography and appendices do not count towards the maximum number of pages.
A normal page is 2,400 characters including spaces and footnotes.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishDurationThe exam consists of three elements:
1. Group presentation (10 min for 1-2 students, 15 min for 3 students)
2. Individual examination (25 min)
3. Voting and announcement of grades (5 min)Permitted exam aidsAll materials and aids are allowed unless otherwise expressly specified for each exam.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaThe test is graded according to the 7-step scale by the examiner and external censor.
An individual grade is given based on an overall assessment of the documentation report, digital product, presentation and individual examination.
The performance is assessed in relation to the fulfillment of the learning objectives of the program as described in the curriculum.Spelling and writing abilitiesStudents’ spelling and writing skills are assessed in the final exam project. The assessment is an overall assessment of the academic content and students’ spelling and writing skills, the academic content carrying the most weight. If there are many spelling and writing mistakes, this may result in a lower grade, for instance from grade 7 to grade 4.Re-examination and re-examination due to illnessStudents who fail an exam have another two attempts.
The re-exam will be held immediately after the first exam attempt.
A student is entitled to sit a re-exam based on the same project, a reworked project or a completely new project. KEA offers advice on the pros and cons of the three methods in relation to the individual student's assignment. The re-exam has the same purpose as the ordinary exam.
Reexam due to documented illness or other documented reason(s), is held as soon as possible.
During your final assignment you or your group will receive 3 hours of guidance from your counselor.
The rest of the time equivalent to 408 hours are used on final assignment work. It is your responsibility to structure the time spent on writing your assignment, preparing for the exam, etc.
The final assignment primarily includes of the following activities: collecting empiricism, reading, writing, cooperating with a company.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances