Services (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2019/2020
The 3rd semester, Services will introduce you to theories and methods within the design of rainwater, drainage, domestic water, sewage, heating and ventilation services with regard to indoor climate, energy consumption and durability of a multi-storey residential building.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Layout and sizing of the systems for rainwater, drainage, sewage and domestic water.
• The need for ventilation from legal requirements and requirements for thermal indoor climate and air quality, and the design of the heating system and systems for mechanical ventilation.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Layout the vertical and horizontal installation routes for a residential multi-storey building
• Perform simplified dimensioning of supply and distribution with focus on rainwater, drainage, domestic water supply and sewage
• Describe the design and components of the ventilation and heating systems
• Determine physical and functional demands for a mechanical ventilation system and select diffusers
• Perform detailed pressure loss calculation and select suitable air handling units
• Calculate heating and cooling loads for a residential building
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Services (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 20 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 27 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 74% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances