Process and Planning (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2020/2021
The 3rd semester Process and Planning topic will cover core aspects from the Construction Management and Lean Production theories.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Collaboration and production planning deliverables of design professionals, manufacturers, main contractors, subcontractors and suppliers
• The scope and benefit of integrating manufacturing design in industrialized concrete systems
• Production optimizing, supported by the underlining concepts of lean thinking
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Work with industry standards and agreements used for integrating Manufacturing Design in a construction project
• Apply a Design Build project procurement and set out the benefits of such procurements both for the client and for the project team
• Work with Information and Communication Technologies for digital collaboration in the project, using industry standards
• Develop Resource based production budgeting and time scheduling for the project, using digital techniques and industry key figures
• Develop more comprehensive Specifications for construction works
• Develop lean based logistics for the Construction site layout
• Plan detailed Ordering and Delivery Logistics for the construction supply
• Develop on –site Installation plans for prefabricated building elements in correlation with delivery plans and construction site layouts
• Class teaching combined with study trips to factories and construction sites will support the practical insight in production processes
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Process and Planning (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 54 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 72 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 39% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances