Architecture (Multi-storey Building) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
The 4th semester, architecture will introduce you to theories and methods within construct of a complex multi-storey commercial building, in relation to work-environment legislation, climatic control design and efficient daylighting.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Curtain wall façade systems
• Glass facades with regard to climatic conditions
• Work-environment legislation
• Acoustic constraints in open-plan work spaces
• Tolerance consideration in the assembly of curtain walls
• Architectural feature appreciation
• Systematic analysis of standard construction requirements
• Systematic assessment of chosen solutions
• Information gathering and validation
• Fire safety in multi-storey commercial building
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Redline an office layout in relation to work-environment legislation.
• Conduct a comparative analysis.
• Develop a fire strategy/ fire plan
• Take measures to improve acoustic conditions in offices.
Asses and improve the climate condition relating to glass facades such as overheating and daylight.
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Architecture (Multi-storey Building) (EN) you will receive 34 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 45 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 49% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances