Services (Renovation) (EN)2019/2020
The 5th semester, Services will introduce you to theories and methods within the design, planning and management of the renovation of a listed building in order to live up to actual standards regarding the indoor climate, installations and energy consumption.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• The design of systems for heating, mechanical ventilation, rainwater, drainage, domestic water and sewage with regard to indoor climate, energy consumption and durability of the renovation of a listed building.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Layout the vertical and horizontal installation routes for the renovation of a listed building
• Evaluate the usability of existing installations
• Perform layout and dimensioning of supply and distribution of installations for heating, ventilation, rainwater, drainage, domestic water supply and sewage
• Describe the design and dimension the components of the ventilation and heating systems according to technical and functional demands with respect for the existing building
• Determine the demands from the legal requirements for a mechanical ventilation system for thermal environment and air quality and select diffusers
• Perform pressure loss calculation and select suitable air handling units
• Calculate the heat transfer through the building parts with special focus on risk of condensation
• Perform calculation of heating and cooling loads, and evaluate whether the energy consumption fulfils the requirements in the building regulations
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Services (Renovation) (EN) you will receive 20 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 27 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 36% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances