Design for adskillelse (EN)2020/2021
The elective introduces the design method Design for separation and recycling of building components.Viden
Design for Disassembly (DfD) is a design principle that envisages future dismantling and disassembly with the purpose of sorting and recycling building components and materials at different levels.
The purpose is to help reduce the consumption of, and in particular, non-renewable resources and to reduce the amount of waste. Design for disassembly and recycling is considered an essential tool in future construction from design to execution and thus constitutes an important element in the circular economic thinking, which in turn is a prerequisite for sustainable development in line with the UN's 17 sustainable developments goals.
The construction industry is facing a reorganization of existing methods and processes, and work is being done on many fronts with sustainable development projects that can be implemented in construction in both the short and long term. The future building designers will be a key figure in the development process, where the construction technical understanding must be linked to the ability for innovative development processes.
In the DfD elective module, the focus will be to develop concrete methods/products that ensure that the materials can subsequently be disassembled and recycled. The work will be developed from a small scale and with a limited area, where the student gets the opportunity to immerse themselves in the development process and the proposal around the optimization of a specific problem. It can, for example, be a mounting bracket, an assembly detail or a specific building product that is being rethought.
• challenges and potentials in waste management in the construction industryFærdigheder
• the basic principles of Design for Disassembly and Recycling
• materials, products and life cycle of building components
• state of the art within the subject area in the building industry
• reflect on challenges and potentials in Design for Disassembly and RecyclingKompetencer
• identify problematic assembly details or components in a project material
• seek relevant knowledge about the potential and critical application of materials and
products and critically use the knowledge in the design process
• identify structural and static issues in demountable details
• reflect on the assembly detail`s buildability in regard to the overall architectural design
• include considerations about the practical implementation of the solutions in a real
• document a transparent design process
• to work innovatively with assembly details/components in 1: 1 based on considerations
regarding the design for disassembly and recycling
• to include relevant structural, static, architectural and process considerations
• to communicate issues and solutions within the area as well overall and in detail.
- Undervisningsform og udfoldelse
af læringsmål Theoretical classes combined with case study
- Forudsætninger for at deltage i
Faglige forudsætninger for at deltage i faget
Passed 3. semester
Læringsmålene for prøven er identiske med fagets/fagenes læringsmålFaget prøvesFaget/modulet prøves selvstændigtIndividuallyPrøveformMundtlig prøveOpgavetypeProject based case studyIndividuel eller gruppeprøveIndividuelAnvendt sprog til prøvenEngelskVarighed30 minutsBedømmelsesform7-trins skalaBedømmer(e)Intern censur
På faget Design for adskillelse (EN) modtager du 48 timers undervisning, hvilket svarer til 64 lektioner (1 lektion = 45 min.) og 35% af din samlede arbejdsbelastning på faget.
Undervisningen vil primært bestå af følgende aktiviteter: interne forelæsninger.
Forberedelsen vil primært bestå af følgende aktiviteter: projektarbejde.
Læs om KEAs studieaktivitetsmodel
*KEA kan fravige det angivne timetal, hvis det er begrundet i særlige forhold.