Digital Transformation and Management2022/2023
- Purpose and learning objectives
Change is part of everyday life in organizations. Most organizations are facing major changes as a result of new IT implementations and digitalization. Therefore, understanding and dealing with the changes an organization is challenged with when implementing new technology and IT solutions is crucial in order for the organizations to do well. In this module, we will focus on digital transformation and 3 key areas for success: Strategy for Digital Transformation and IT, Technology and Organization.Knowledge
The student has gained development-based knowledge, understanding and an ability to reflect on:Skills
- project management, change management, knowledge management, Data Governance, IT and technology in relation to digital transformation
- various models and processes related to digital transformation
- various management models and processes related to organisational change management
and digital transformation
- strategy and implementation of change management in the context of digital transformation
- the importance of having legislation for the development of digital transformation solutions
- value creation in running a digital business.
The student masters skills related toCompetences
- the use of methods and tools for analysing problems, theory and practice in digital transformation
- assessment and explanation of the choice of solutions, development processes, technology and project management
- evaluation of existing organisations and communication of proposed solutions
- the current practice of dealing with digital transformation issues
- the use of relevant methods for assessing a company's opportunities for further strategic development with a focus on digital transformation
- the use of an IT strategy in line with the business strategy
- the use of methods in relation to project management and general management.
The student is able to handle complex and development-oriented issues regarding
- developing strategic IT concepts for companies, focusing on digital transformation based on business and IT analyses
- managing digital transformation in the role of a change agent
- the use of relevant theoretical concepts in a practical framework.
The student is able to identify their own learning requirements and develop their own knowledge, skills and competencies in relation to
- digital transformation and related topics such as project management, IT strategy and management, digital concept development, change management.
- Type of instruction
The teaching methods is a combination of lectures, discussions, group work and multidisciplinary cases.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationTo take the exam, the student must submit all the assignments specified on KEA's learning platform.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested with the following modules
There is one external, individual portfolio exam in the fourth semester.
The exam consists of 2 parts:
a) A portfolio of products
b) An individual oral exam
Portfolio of products:
The basis for the examination consists of selected assignments, which together constitute the portfolio of assignments. The assignments have been selected and described together with any assignment formalia in the semester guide, which is available at the start of the semester. The assignments can be prepared individually or in groups.
The portfolio of products consists of a customized, individual, product package from the courses 'Digital Transformation and Management' and 'Design of Complex IT-systems, Domains, Processes and Decisions'.
An individual oral exam:
The starting point of the oral part of the exam is the portfolio of products, which will be asse
ssed by the examiner before the exam.
The exam is an external examination with both internal and external examiner.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationThe starting point for the oral part of the examination is the portfolio of assignments.
The oral exam lasts 30 min. incl. grading.
An overall grade is given according to the 7-point grading scale.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesDanish (Norwegian/Swedish)Duration1. Individual presentation based on report: 5 minutes.
2. Individual examination: 20 minutes.
3. Discussion of performance and announcement of grade: 5 minutes.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaThe student will receive an individual grade for the overall performance covering report,
presentation and individual examination. The evaluation of the performance is based on the
degree to which it complies with the purpose and learning objectives of the subjects, as described in the curriculum.
In the subject Digital Transformation and Management you will receive 96 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 128 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 35% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, group work, classroom teaching, project work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, reading your own notes, reading the curriculum, project work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances