Business strategy 2 (EN)2020/2021
Business process optimization and standardization, integration of systems and businessKnowledge
units, strategic information systems planning
The student has development based knowledge and understanding about and can reflect onSkills
applied theories and methodologies regarding
1) integration of systems and business units
2) business process optimization and standardization through process design based on
research and IT modeling tools
3) human, cultural and organizational aspects of IT-driven business processes
4) strategic information systems planning and financial management of IT systems
5) international aspects of IT project portfolio management
The student masters skills regarding the application ofCompetences
1) theories and methods to analyze the integration of IT systems and business units
2) theories and methods to research, model, and document IT-driven business processes
3) theory and methods to create an IT strategy based on central processes in an organization
4) theory and methods to prioritize and plan the development of an organization’s IT project
5) theory and methods to strategically analyse an organization’s IT infrastructure
6) selecting and presenting relevant solution models regarding strategic information systems
planning to collaboration partners and users
The student is able to handle complex and development-oriented situations regarding
1) independently participating in creating or revising an IT strategy based on the strategic
analysis of an organization’s infrastructure and central processes
2) managing an IT project portfolio with a focus on optimization through internationalization
of the organization
3) creating, modeling, and communicating concepts and documentation for IT-driven business
processes to a complex target group
4) creating or revising plans for the integration of IT systems and business units
5) identifying own learning needs and developing own knowledge, skills, and competences in
relation to business process optimization and standardization
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching consists of lectures, class discussions, group assignments and work with interdisciplinary case projects
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested with the following modules
• can communicate core concepts from Business Strategy, Information Technologies,
Systems Development, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
• can analyse and present a problem related to Business Strategy, Information Technologies,
Systems Development, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship from an interdisciplinary
• can manage an innovative and/or entrepreneurial process
• can complete a project in a team with emphasis on project management methods and
tools.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationFormal requirementsThe project must be interdisciplinary and problem oriented.
The School lays down the actual requirements for the project, which will combine essential fields of the 4th semester teaching of Business Strategy, Information Technologies, Systems
Development, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The School can make further demands for group size, project scope and process documentation, including requirements for the
demonstration of working code and/or the student’s written language skills. The School must
secure that the project description is given to the students and the examiners.
The report must not exceed 15 standard pages plus a maximum of 8 standard pages per group member, excluding appendices. Appendices should be kept to a minimum.Individual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishDuration1. Individual presentation based on report: 5 minutes.
2. Individual examination: 20 minutes.
3. Discussion of performance and announcement of grade: 5 minutes.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaThe student will receive an individual grade for the overall performance covering report,
presentation and individual examination. The evaluation of the performance is based on the
degree to which it complies with the purpose and learning objectives of the subjects, as described in the curriculum.
In the subject Business strategy 2 (EN) you will receive 96 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 128 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 35% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, group work, classroom teaching, project work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, reading your own notes, reading the curriculum, project work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances