Theory of Science and Project Methodology2022/2023
- Purpose and learning objectives
Theory of Science and Project Methodology includes theory and practice on scientific methodology, project methodology and business ethics. The purpose of this programme element is to provide students with insight into the theoretical basis for the application of quantitative and qualitative methods in the areas of business economics and IT in order to strengthen their analytical competencies and methodological choices regarding the use of theories and methods in identifying and resolving problems in organisations.Knowledge
The student has gained development-based knowledge, understanding and an ability to reflect on applied theories and methods regardingSkills
- the philosophy of the most important scientific traditions
- scientific tradition and methods in social sciences
- ethics in a cultural and business context
- project methodology for bachelor projects.
The student masters skills related to the use ofCompetences
- theories of science in relation to project structuring
- theories and methods of social science for the planning of a systematic research process.
Furthermore, the student is able to communicate
- practice-orientated and theoretical issues in the theory of science to partners and users.
The student is able to handle complex and development-oriented issues regarding
- the theory of science in projects
- selection and discussion of relevant scientific theories and methods of project work
- analysis, structuring and presentation of a scientific issue within a relevant scientific tradition.
The student is able to identify their own learning requirements and develop their own knowledge, skills and competencies in relation to
- the theory of science.
The student is able to independently
- participate in projects based on scientific theories and methods
- take responsibility for the choice of method and task performance in professional and interdisciplinary contexts based on an understanding of business ethics.
- Type of instruction
During class there will be both group work and lectures
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsHand-in of a synopsis and an oral examType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesDanish (Norwegian/Swedish)Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Theory of Science and Project Methodology you will receive 60 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 80 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 22% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: reading the curriculum.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances