Back-End with Python & Django2022/2023
- Purpose and learning objectives
The objective of the course is to qualify the student to develop advanced web applications in fully-featured web development frameworks (mainly Django), using standard protocols and server-side technologies, with real-world complications.Knowledge
• Python programmingSkills
• Django framework features and design approach
• Model-View-Template design pattern
• Standard web-based protocols and technologies
• Best practice web-development methods
• Issues related to real-world web hosting
• Use tests to ensure code qualityCompetences
• Implement and use REST APIs
• Defer long-running tasks outside the request/response cycle
• Use middleware to interact with requests and responses
• Make use of event-based actions
• Facilitate both synchronous and asynchronous communication
• Design and implement advanced web-based applications and APIs using the Python
programming language and the Django framework
The objective is that the student will have acquired proficiency to design and develop advanced web-based applications with real-world complications using a back-end framework.
- Type of instruction
The course is based on Problem-Based Learning. The students are introduced to the Python programming language and the Django web development framework through the development of a simple application as class collaboration. The students must then apply their knowledge in developing a larger application project, where the student must also acquire new knowledge on their own to complete the development. The teacher will act as a supervisor in the development project, so the students are not left on their own.
- Subject/module requirement for
Academic requirement for participation
No special requirements.
Equipment needed to participate
No special requirements.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationMandatory Assignments 1 and 2 accepted.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneType of examCombined written and oral examinationType of assignmentProject developed in Python and Django.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesDanish (Norwegian/Swedish)Duration10 min. individual presentation of the project, 15 min. examination in the project and the course curriculum in general, and 5 min. for grading and change.Permitted exam aidsComputerAvailable exam aidsProjectorType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
- Preliminary literature list
This is a preliminary literature list. A final literature list will be provided in connection with study start.Course materials available to the students via Internet.
In the subject Back-End with Python & Django you will receive 60 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 80 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 22% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: classroom teaching, project work, peer-review.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: project work, searching for information, reading the curriculum, group work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances