Web Application Testing2023/2024
- Purpose and learning objectives
The purpose of this module is to learn how web development companies test their applications. The focus is on design and execution of different types of testing applied to a web development context.Knowledge
Upon completion of the course, students should have acquired knowledge about:Skills
- Unit tests
- Black-box test design
- White-box test design
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Integration tests and Continuous Integration
- End-to-end Automated UI tests
- Stress Performance Testing and webpage performance
Upon completion of the course, students should have acquired the skills to:Competences
- Design and implement relevant unit tests
- Design relevant test cases
- Develop well-designed web applications that are easy to test
- Implement Continuous Integration pipelines
- Design and implement End-to-end Automated UI tests
- Design and execute Stress Performance Tests
- Measure and improve webpage performance
Upon completion of the course, students should have acquired the competencies to:
- Design and implement different types of tests in the course of a web development process
- Assess quality of web development
- Contribute to the sustainable growth of web applications
- Type of instruction
The course is based on Problem-Based Learning. The students must apply their knowledge in developing an application project, where the student must also acquire new knowledge on their own to complete the development. The teacher will act as a supervisor in the development project, so the students are not left on their own.
- Subject/module requirement for
Academic requirement for participation
Basic programming skills.
Equipment needed to participate
Windows PC, Mac or Linux
- min 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM preferably)
- 200 GB available disk space
- CPU with virtualisation hardware (usually available in most modern CPUs)
- 15,6” screen or bigger is recommended
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationMandatory assignments 1 and 2 accepted.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested standaloneType of examOral examinationType of assignmentExam project (mandatory assignment 2): hand in a working solution.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishDuration10 min. individual presentation of the project, 15 min. examination in the project and the course curriculum in general, and 5 min. for grading and student change.Permitted exam aidsComputerAvailable exam aidsProjectorType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
- Preliminary literature list
This is a preliminary literature list. A final literature list will be provided in connection with study start.Course materials available to the students via Internet.
- Additional information
This elective subject may not run in certain semesters if not enough students choose it.
Some classes may take place online.
In the subject Web Application Testing you will receive 80 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 106 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 29% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: classroom teaching, exercises, project work, Online teaching.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: project work, searching for information, reading the curriculum, reading your own notes.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances