Product development 3 (EN)2020/2021
The student must have development-based knowledge of, and be able to understand, the practice of the profession and subject area and central applied theory and method in:Skills
• Digital modeling and manufacturing in product development
• Digitization in product development and production
• Digital modeling and manufacturing in companies
The student must be able to use the core methods and tools of the subject area and be able to apply the skills related to employment in the profession, including:Competences
• Include digital design and fabrication methods
Must be able to assess practice-related issues as well as identify and choose solutions, including:
• Select and evaluate appropriate IT tools for knowledge gathering, data processing, evaluation documentation and presentation
Must be able to communicate practical issues and solutions to partners and users, including:
• Drawing up and selecting ideas expressed through solution alternatives
• Communicate professional results of own work
The student must be able to handle development-oriented situations, including:
• Participate in research and project processes, including development of solution alternatives
Must be able to participate in professional and interdisciplinary collaboration with a professional approach, including:
• Take care of the development of products and / or processes in collaboration with other disciplines
• Structure the development process from a business perspective
Must, in a structured context, acquire new knowledge, skills and competences in relation to the profession, including:
• Acquire and translate new knowledge, skills and competencies in relation to digitized product development and production
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
Based on professional input on the theoretical background of digital production through 3D printing and CNC fabrication, the teaching will take place on a class-based lecture, partly in the workshop where the machines are presented, and where the student gets practical experience and insight into using the technologies for to solve various tasks.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examGroup, 2-4 max participantsExam languagesDanish(Norwegian/Swedish)Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Product development 3 (EN) you will receive 93 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 124 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 85% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, group work, workshops, exercises.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: reading your own notes, group work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances