General Law (Renovation) (EN)2020/2021
The 5th semester topic will cover:
• The Strategy of the firm
• Leadership and Management
• Sales and Sales Management
A student who has met the objectives of the semester will have obtained knowledge about:
• The strategy of the firm, how it is developed, defined and executed upon.
• Basic principles, theories, methods and tools related to leading and managing a business, including personnel management
• Basic principles on why the firm needs a professional approach to sales, how to conduct professional sales, and how professional sales is managed.
And have obtained skills in:
• Selecting and using methods and tools for organizing, leading, managing and operating a business
• How to sell handle the management and control of small companies, independently and in collaboration with others
And obtained the competencies to:
• Identify the strategy of a firm
• Decide on leadership and management principles
Conduct a sales call on a client.
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject General Law (Renovation) (EN) you will receive 12 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 16 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 29% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances