Strategic marketing (EN)2018/2019
- Content and learning outcomes
The strategic marketing module works with analytically based approach to a communication solution. The module also includes creative processes that will be based on data collection. The module introduces key methods and tools that will be used to solve a task in collaboration with a company. It is expected that the student uses methods and tools assigned to the module to complete the assignment.Knowledge
The module is about developing a conceptual solution using evidence-based approach. The module includes relevant methods and theories in relation to the assignment.
Focusing on marketing, branding, communication models, campaign theory and focus groups.
The module gives you the skills to analyze relationships and solutions that generally concern issues within national and international cases, customer behavior and markets as well as planning and conducting market analyzis.
After completing the module, you will be capable of contributing analysis and suggestions regarding the company's market potential, as well as segmentation, target audience and positioning strategy.
The student has development based knowledge and understanding about and can reflect onSkills
applied theories and methodologies regarding
1) collecting and analyzing international data about markets, clients, and users
2) strategic marketing in international corporations
3) creating value through intercultural relationship management
4) marketing plans, including communication strategies
The student masters skills regarding the application ofCompetences
1) theories and methods to analyze markets and international competition
2) theories and methods to analyze relationships and intercultural communication
3) theories and methods to plan international strategic marketing
4) theories and models within international marketing economy in order to identify markets
as well as select and present relevant solution models to collaboration partners and users
The student is able to handle complex and development-oriented situations regarding
1) the independent participation in the development of a marketing strategy based on data
collection and analysis of markets, competition, and consumers
2) the interdisciplinary collaboration in the development of plans to penetrate new international markets
3) developing and managing relationships and networks in an intercultural context
4) identifying own learning needs and developing own knowledge, skills, and competences in
relation to strategic marketing
- Type of instruction
Teaching takes place in an alternation between lectures and assignments, hands-on and project work. The learning activities are predominantly planned with emphasis on teaching and academic input in plenum. There are ongoing tasks that contribute to the final solution.
The students work in groups throughout the module.
Productions are delivered in Fronter, as part-deliveries through the module. Deadline for submission is given in the assignment description.
Hand-ins and feedback
Oral- and written feedback is given throughout the course and in the end of the module, written and oral feedback is given. Finally, students will present their solution to the customer.
The module has case cooperation with one or more external acto
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested with the following modules
• can communicate core concepts from Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing, Information
Technologies, and Systems development.
• can analyse and present a problem related to Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing,
Information Technologies, and Systems development from an interdisciplinary perspective.
• can collect and analyse user and marketing research
• can complete a project in a team with emphasis on relations.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationThe student will be examined in several subjects (Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing,
Information Technologies, and Systems development). The examination must secure that the
examination covers subjects that are not already dealt with in the report.Formal requirementsThe project must be interdisciplinary and problem oriented.
The project's assignment text is written by the teachers.
The School lays down the actual requirements for the project, which will combine essential fields of the 3rd semester teaching of Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing, Information Technologies, and Systems development. The School can make further demands for group size, project scope and process documentation, including requirements for the demonstration of working code and/or the student’s written language skills. The School must secure that the project description is given to the students and the examiners.
Handing in Report
The report must not exceed 15 standard pages plus a maximum of 8 standard pages per group member, excluding appendices. Appendices should be kept to a minimum.Individual exam or group examGroup, 2-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishDuration1. Individual presentation based on report: 5 minutes.
2. Individual examination: 20 minutes.
3. Discussion of performance and announcement of grade: 5 minutes.Permitted exam aidsLaptop may be brought during the oral exam for presentation purposes.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaThe student will receive an individual grade for the overall performance covering report,
presentation and individual examination. The evaluation of the performance is based on the
degree to which it complies with the purpose and learning objectives of the subjects, as described in the curriculum.
In the subject Strategic marketing (EN) you will receive 48 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 64 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 35% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: cases.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, collecting empiricism, project work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances