Communication (Plot and Building) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
The 1st semester, Communication will introduce you to theories and practice-oriented methods within communication, cooperation and reflections on your own learning and practice. We will discuss the practice of being a student at BATCM, KEA.
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Problem Based Learning
• Methods to achieve group alignment
• Basic communication in writing, orally and through digital presentations
• The principles behind communication activities relating to the stakeholders in the construction industry and your semester project
• The structure for a professional dissemination of projects in the construction industry
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Use tools such as note taking, minutes of meetings (MoM), team charters and SUMO (an appreciative version of SWOT analysis)
• Analyze stakeholders of the semester project and of your own group and team work
• Present professional issues
• Reflect on your motivation for learning
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Communication (Plot and Building) (EN) you will receive 24 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 32 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 29% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances