Math Physics (Plot and Building) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
The 1st semester, Math Physics will introduce you to calculation methods and practice-oriented scientific reasoning within the field of construction.
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Si-units and prefixes
• Geometry - Right and oblique triangles
• Newton’s Laws and density
• Heat transmission – U-values and temperature gradients
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Use the right units, prefixes and symbols when solving building related problems
• Identify which geometry there is used in for example a building element and apply the right formulae to find a length, a degree or an area
• Know about Newton’s laws and is able to use them when solving building related exercises
• Has basic knowledge about heat transmission and the way energy flows.
• Do an U-value and temperature gradient calculation and to choose the right materials for instance to a wall from their - values
• Relate to a result and evaluate if it’s right
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Math Physics (Plot and Building) (EN) you will receive 48 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 64 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 25% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances