Math & Physics (Construction up until 2½ floor) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
2nd semester builds on your achievements during 1st semester increasing the complexity of calculation methods and scientific reasoning within the field of construction.
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Condensation - Water vapor, dew point and relative humidity
• Statics - Equilibrium of forces and reactions
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• To calculate if there is condensation in a building element i.e. a wall
• Has knowledge about the difference in relative humidity year round in DK
• Has the basic knowledge about static equilibriums - translational and rotational, symbols and units
• Calculate reactions on simple building objects i.e. a beam
• Has the basic knowledge about calorimetry and is able to calculate the amount of energy used for heating up water
• Relate to a result and evaluate if it’s right
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Math & Physics (Construction up until 2½ floor) (EN) you will receive 34 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 45 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 18% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances