BIM (Plot and Building) (EN)2020/2021
In the 1st semester, BIM will introduce you to digitalisation in general within the construction industry. You will create basic architectural BIM.
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Software installation process and set up students Autodesk Educational accounts.
• Building Information Modelling
• Using Levels of Development (LOD)
• Managing BIM software installation, maintenance, management and BIM-360 cloud service usage
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will be able to:
• Use BIM software Autodesk FormIT for creating a conceptual design while collaborating with other team members.
• To understand early stage design concept in BIM and simulate the whole design with energy analysis.
• Use BIM software Autodesk Revit for modelling a simple building in Revit, to a completed one-story single family house.
• Creating levels, modelling exterior and interior walls, placing columns, stairs, and railings, placing a floor and a roof.
• Create project presentations including plans, elevations, sections, details and renderings.
• Creating camera views and final presentation sheets.
• Create construction details 2D and 3D (key junctions) in FormIT and Revit.
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject BIM (Plot and Building) (EN) you will receive 36 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 48 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 44% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances