Process and Planning (Plot and Building) (EN)2020/2021
Process and Planning
The 1st semester Process and Planning topic will introduce you to the theoretical fields of Construction Project Organization and Construction Management.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Construction projects as complex work environments, where the owner, architects, engineers, contractors and local authorities are collaborating for project design, planning and construction
• Construction processes
• Construction resources
• Project budgeting
• Project scheduling
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Plan and manage the study work throughout the semester
• Analyze project stages, project organization and participating actors in a project
• Apply selected planning tasks carried out by design professionals, for the project at hand
• Apply relevant software for pricing and scheduling
• Develop a construction sequence, by analyzing and specifying the order of activities and the resources involved
• Develop practical insight in construction processes by visiting construction sites and. correlate this with in-class teaching
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Process and Planning (Plot and Building) (EN) you will receive 28 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 37 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 20% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances