Communication (Construction up until 2½ floor) (EN)2020/2021
2nd semester builds on your achievements during 1st semester increasing the complexity of the three topics: cooperation, communication and reflection on own learning. Through the semester project, we will identify various communication issues related to the building industry.
By meeting the objectives of this topic, you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• Correlation between various professional issues assessed through the Design stages of the semester project
• Implementation of personal and professional communication
• Intercultural competencies
• Group alignment through quality assessment
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Implement tools for group alignment
• Select methods to collect, analyze and convey information
• Analyze the stakeholders relevant for your semester project and plan your project communication accordingly
• Produce and perform an interdisciplinary presentation narrative of your semester project using digital media
• Create your own CV and generate your presentation portfolio
• Communicate your personal intercultural competencies
Identify and reflect on individual and collective learning
- Type of instruction and
practical application of learning objectives
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censure
In the subject Communication (Construction up until 2½ floor) (EN) you will receive 24 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 32 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 29% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances