Materials (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
3rd semester will introduce you to:
• Description of materials for industrialized production of mass customized buildings
A student who has met the objectives of the semester will have gained knowledge about:
• Properties and behavior of Materials and combination of materials
• Comparative analysis on different materials used in construction
• Material gains in sustainability
• Technology and performances in using materials as concrete, timber and steel
• Understanding and differentiating between the different layers characteristics in a structure such as walls, roofs, floors etc..
• The production of materials
• The implementation of materials in constructions on site and the responsible trades
• Issues of transportation and storage of materials
And obtain skills in:
• Technical description of materials
• Comparative analysis in choosing the relevant materials for specific purposes
• Clarifying and specifying tolerances and expansion joints for various materials
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Materials (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 20 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 27 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 74% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances