Structure (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
The 3rd semester, Structure will introduce you to:
• Theories and methods within industrialized production of buildings and mass customized production of buildings for both superstructure and substructure.
• Creating detailed 3D model generated by a BIM software.
• Dealing with structural grids, tolerances, detailing of connections within Substructure and Superstructure.
• Comparing and choosing different members according to the structural behavior of theirs connections, tolerances and supports.
• Tools supporting the BIM process that allows to analyze and check structures.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• BIM software for structural analysis
• Level of development (LOD) sequence
• Building performances of structural key junctions and building elements
• Layout drawings
• Production drawings
• Differentiate various aspects of sustainability in industrialized production & mass customized production of buildings
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Identify and to draw a structural grid
• Using BIM tools for Building a structural 3D digital models
• Design detailed drawings, key junctions, technical sections and construction drawings
• Draw detailed structural plan and sections
• Draw 2D and 3D key junctions
• Create 3D steel reinforcement for cast in place- and precast concrete elements
• Develop mass customized building elements production and shop floor drawings
• Implement mass customized toilet pods in construction
• Clarify tolerances and expansion joints for mass customized construction elements (sandwich walls, deck elements, prefab foundations etc.)
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Structure (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 42 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 56 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 61% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances