Structure (Renovation) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
Within this topic you will:
• Make registration of the structures (super- and substructure) of the existing building on the site.
• Scrutinize the existing drawings structures and compare with the site registration.
• Registry the condition of the structures and make suggestions for repairing, strengthening or building in new structures in a survey report.
• Argue and assess property analysis for different solutions changes within the new design solutions.
• Select necessary temporary supports or underpinning for structural changes or demolition.
Focus on Hands on experience.
A student who has met the objectives of the semester will gain knowledge within:
• Design and structure principles in old buildings in Copenhagen
• Generate necessary Main drawing for the existing structures, demolition and new structures (sections and plans)
• Generate necessary building part drawings and key junctions
• Traditional structures and refurbishment alterations
• Generate necessary process drawings in order to describe the procedure of the work sequence (order of activity)
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Structure (Renovation) (EN) you will receive 20 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 27 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 36% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances