Process and Planning (Renovation) (EN)2021/2022
- Purpose and learning objectives
The 5th semester Process and Planning topic will cover core aspects from the theory fields of Project Organization and Procurement and Refurbishment Planning.
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
• The scope of registry of Refurbishment buildings regarding construction planning
• The environmental aspects of construction works in refurbishment projects
• The specifics of demolition works regarding construction planning
By meeting the objectives of this topic you will be able to:
• Perform Registry and analysis of an existing building and its surroundings with regard to Site Logistics Planning
• Perform Building Information Modeling based Cost estimate and Project budgeting, specific for refurbishment buildings
• Develop a Process Plan for construction works analyzing the features of refurbishment and demolition works.
• Perform Building Information Modeling based Time scheduling using data from the Process plan
• Develop Health and Safety Plan for construction works
• Gain skills in preparing Construction site layouts – analyzing the specifics of refurbishment works, including constraints analysis.
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Process and Planning (Renovation) (EN) you will receive 34 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 45 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 35% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances