The purpose of the module is to provide the student with tools and methods to manage and work with brand activation on a practical and theoretical level, based on the company’s overall brand strategy. The student is introduced to an insight-based approach on how to build campaigns, based on thorough analysis of target group, brand and market. Using relevant methods to conduct and analyze field research and other collected data, the student will be able to make substantiated choices for the strategic campaign designs on a planning level.Knowledge
During the module the student will work with a company case, resulting in a creative brief for the campaign. In the following module this creative brief will be used to further develop and execute the campaign across the relevant channels.
• Strategic planningSkills
• Project management
• Strategic marketing
• Brand management
• Trend spotting
• Graphic design
• Business understanding
• Use analytical tools to identify the relationship between brand and customerCompetences
• Identify trends in the market in relation to supply and demand
• Use conceptual and commercial methods
• Develop, plan, implement and evaluate trends and initiatives in marketing nationally, as well as internationally
• Manage development and implementation of the company's identity creation based on strategic and creative methods
• Manage development and maintenance of the company's brand and concepts
• Lead and develop projects at a strategic level
• Handle development and optimization of the company's communication strategy
• Work with complex issues and solutions in a commercially-oriented manner
• Carry out planning and execution of projects
- Type of instruction
The teaching methods in this module will be a mixture of lectures, exercises, field research, workshops and group work.
- Subject/module requirement for
Equipment needed to participate
To participate in this module the student must bring a computer with the MS-Office package.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationThere are two bound preconditions in the module:
1) Written group assignment
2) Participation in group presentation.
In case the student does not hand in the written assignment and/or participate in the group presentation, a replacement assignment will be given.Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationType of assignmentThe assignment takes as its starting point a specialisation-specific keyword, which will be disclosed at the start of the exam period. Based on the key word, the student formulates a problem which they will elaborate on in a free written paper which must include methods, processes and analyses. During the exam period, the student must carry out empirical work, the analysis of which must form part of the written paper and be further elaborated on at the oral exam.
During the exam period, the student develops a solution and prepares a presentation both of which they will bring along to the oral exam. The solution may be material and/or immaterial. However, it is important that the solution is oriented towards the specialisation and the profession that the student is training for. The quality of the solution should be such as is to be expected of a professional bachelor in Design and Business. There must always be
consistency in the corelation between the type of solution, its quality and the professional standard and learning objectives of the line of specialisation.Formal requirementsThe scope of the written paper is 5 standard pages +/-10%. The written paper must, as a minimum, include:
• Table of contents
• Problem formulation
• Source listIndividual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesEnglishDurationThe oral exam has a duration of 30 minutes. 10 minutes are set aside for the presentation by the student. Another 10 minutes are set aside for a professional dialogue, and finally, the last 10 minutes are set aside for a discussion of the student’s performance, and marking.Permitted exam aidsThe student may bring their own notes provided that a copy is handed to the examiner and the co-examiner at the oral exam.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaKnowledge
- strategic planning
- project management
- strategic marketing
- brand management
- graphic design
- business understanding
- methods and tools for business start-ups
- user-driven innovation and
- anthropology and sociology.
- use analytical tools to identify relations between brand and customer
- identify trends within the market in relation to supply and demand
- use conceptual and commercial methods
- convey branding strategies internally and externally, and
- apply communication tools for the dissemination of the company's brand.
- handle development, planning, implementation and evaluation of trends and initiatives in marketing nationally and internationally
- manage the development and implementation of corporate identity creation based on strategic and creative methods
- manage the development and maintenance of corporate brands and concepts
- handle the management and development of projects at the strategic level
- manage the development and optimisation of an organisation's communication strategy
- handle business-oriented solution to complex issues and
- manage the planning and execution of projects.
- Preliminary literature list
This is a preliminary literature list. A final literature list will be provided in connection with study start.Creative Thinker's Exercise Book.
Dorte Nielsen. ISBN: 9789063694388.
A final literature list and course plan will be distributed.
In the subject Planning (EN) you will receive 47 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 63 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 34% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: company collaboration, internal lecturers, exercises, workshops, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: reading your own notes, reading the curriculum, preparation for the exam, exam.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances