Innovation and Entrepreneurship2022/2023
- Purpose and learning objectives
The student is introduced to innovative and creative processes of concept development and the establishment or improvement of a business model for entrepreneurial start-ups as well as already established companies.Knowledge
The student has development based knowledge and understanding about and can reflect on applied theories and methodologies regardingSkills
1) concept development and innovative and creative processes
2) idea management in innovative organizations
3) entrepreneurship and the potential value of entrepreneurial processes
4) creating a business plan, including a plan for financing
The student masters skills regarding the application ofCompetences
1) theories and methods to develop concepts for new products, services, or processes in an existing organization.
2) theories and methods to identify potential risks or gains of an entrepreneurial process
3) selecting and presenting relevant solution models regarding innovation and entrepreneurship to collaboration partners and users
The student is able to handle complex and development-oriented situations regarding
1) independently participating in planning and managing the development of concepts for new products, services, or business processes
2) participating in interdisciplinary collaboration situations concerning planning and facilitating innovative processes in a knowledge-intensive organization
3) creating a business plan, including a plan for financing, based on the analysis of the risks,
constraints and potential value of an entrepreneurial process
4) identifying own learning needs and developing own knowledge, skills, and competences in
relation to entrepreneurship and innovation
- Type of instruction
Teaching takes place in an alternation between lectures and assignments, hands-on and project work. The learning activities are predominantly planned with emphasis on teaching and academic input in plenum. There are ongoing tasks that contribute to the final solution.
The students work in groups throughout the module.
Productions are delivered in Fronter, as part-deliveries through the module. Deadline for submission is given in the assignment description.
Hand-ins and feedback
Oral- and written feedback is given throughout the course and in the end of the module, written and oral feedback is given. Finally, students will present their solution to the customer.
The module has case cooperation with one or more external actors.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Prerequisites for access to the examinationTo take the exam, the student must submit all the assignments specified on KEA's learning platform.Exam in one or more subjectsSubject/module is tested with the following modules
• Can communicate core concepts from Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing, Information Technologies, Systems Development, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
• Can analyse and present a problem related to Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing,
Information Technologies, Systems Development, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship from an interdisciplinary perspective.
• Can collect and analyse user and marketing research.
• Can complete a project in a team with emphasis on relations.Type of examCombined written and oral examinationPortfolio of assignments
To take the exam, the student must submit all the assignments specified on KEA's learning platform.
The basis for the examination consists of selected assignments, which together constitute the portfolio of assignments. The assignments have been selected and described in the semester guide, which is available at the start of the semester. The assignments can be prepared individually or in groups.
Individual oral exam
The starting point of the oral part of the examination is the portfolio of assignments.
The oral exam lasts 30 min. incl. grading.
An overall grade is given according to the 7-point grading scale.Individual exam or group examIndividualExam languagesDanish (Norwegian/Swedish)Duration1. Individual presentation based on report: 5 minutes.
2. Individual examination: 20 minutes.
3. Discussion of performance and announcement of grade: 5 minutes.Permitted exam aidsA laptop may be brought along to the oral exam to be used for the presentation.Type of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersExternal censureExam criteriaThe student will receive an individual grade for the overall performance covering the portfolio, presentation and individual examination. The evaluation of the performance is based on the
degree to which it complies with the purpose and learning objectives of the subjects.
In the subject Innovation and Entrepreneurship you will receive 48 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 64 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 35% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: cases.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances