General Law (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2018/2019
- Content and learning outcomes
3rd semester general law will introduce you to:
• The law of torts including the law of contractual damages and the law of non-contractual damages.
• Employment law i.e. the legal relationship between an employer and an employee including the conditions of employment together with the legal basis.
• Company law and selected business formats used for business operations.
Used for legal matters related to establishing and operation of business enterprises.
A student who has met the objectives of the semester has acquired the basic skills concerning relevant:
• Tort liability and damages (contractual and non-contractual) in connection with construction projects.
• Employment law in relation to a business enterprise.
• Company law in relation to establishing a relevant business enterprise.
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject General Law (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 12 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 16 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 44% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances