Building Law (Business- and prefabrication) (EN)2018/2019
- Content and learning outcomes
The 3rd semester building law will introduce you to:
• Land law inclusive of relevant part of the Danish registration system, building law, planning law and environmental law including the underlying considerations.
• Construction contracts and other related common contracts used in connection with construction projects and exemplified by the practice from the construction industry.
Used for the legal matters related to planning and management of a construction project.
A student who has met the objectives of the semester has acquired basic skills to apply relevant legislation concerning:
• Information communication technology in construction projects.
• Select and apply the relevant contractual framework for construction contracts.
• Sale of goods in relation to building materials.
• Land law to a construction project.
- Type of instruction
The teaching is based on the understanding that learning is most efficient if students are given the opportunity to work with real-life assignments from, or inspired by, companies in relevant industries.
When choosing a project, the possibility of incorporating the academic and professional challenges throughout the semester into the project must be taken into account.
The students are given the opportunity to be involved in the various project phases, from preliminary analysis to realisation of the project. In connection with the project work, the students are faced with real-life problems to be solved based on the given theory, and are to organise the work in such a way that deadlines can be met. The students are furthermore provided with the necessary qualifications to work independently, thereby preparing them to complete the final project as an individual assignment.
This working method allows the students to gain an understanding of how problems are identified and analysed, how solution models are set up, and how the right solution is adopted.
The learning outcomes of the exam are identical with the learning outcomes of the subject(s)/modul(es)Exam in one or more subjectsType of examCombined written and oral examinationIndividual exam or group examIndividual or group, 1-4 max participantsExam languagesEnglishType of evaluation7-point grading scaleExaminersInternal censure
In the subject Building Law (Business- and prefabrication) (EN) you will receive 16 hours of instruction, which corresponds to 21 lessons (1 lesson = 45 min.) and 59% of your total workload for the subject.
The teaching primarily consists of the following activities: internal lecturers, project work, group work.
The preparation primarily consists of the following activities: group work, project work, study group.
Read about KEAs Study Activity Model
*KEA can deviate from the number of hours if this is justified by special circumstances